Celebration Challenge – Day 19 – Sun Picture

I'm feeling a little self conscience about my post tonight.  I don't want to sound silly.

But I want to share a little piece of me that tells a story of who I am and what I'm like.  Because, when you hire me as your photographer I want you to feel totally comfortable with me.  I want you to feel like we are already friends.  So that when you look into my lens, I can really see you.  So this may be a little trivial, but try and see it through my eyes.

Even the very little details of my life are important to me.  One of those details is light.  It can actually affect my mood.  I love to watch the light throughout the day.  The mornings and late afternoon always have such a beautiful glow and it's the very best time to shoot pictures.  In this special light, everyone and everything looks warm and golden.  I always feel alive and hopeful at these times of day.  And even in my own home, I love what the light does for me.

Every morning around 7am the sun streams through the window in my family room and I watch a beautiful painting come to life.  We've started calling it the sun picture.  It helps me start my day, reminds me to take a deep breath and helps this not-a-morning-person person to smile.

I hope you'll watch the light tomorrow … I wonder if it affects your mood too?

Until tomorrow guys … Hugs!

IMG_3767aforweb

by bethany

show hide 9 comments

Catherine LaporteFebruary 19, 2011 - 8:55 pm

Cool Bethany! That is the artist in you to always see the good that is out there. I always love your use of light in pictures, it really does make a difference.

Kari HoltFebruary 19, 2011 - 9:48 pm

I LOVE the pics we got in that gorgeous light at the end of our shoot!! I grew up in Oregon with lots of rain and gloomy days … I dread days like that now!! Bring me the light, the warmth, and the sunshiney glow that makes every so.beautiful.

rachel peacockFebruary 20, 2011 - 6:56 am

Oh wow…I love that sun picture. So calming

Amy HillFebruary 20, 2011 - 7:07 am

I can see why you do not want to hang a picture on this wall. It already has the best image display that was meant for that wall. What a great inspiration every day! It is beautiful!

Adrianne BreesFebruary 20, 2011 - 8:48 am

For sure, the sun picture is better and much more you than any decor you could purchase to hang on that wall. Maybe as you decorate, you could incorporate that somehow… like leave the wall spot blank where the sun picture shows up, and mark it somehow, like a “reserved for” for the times when it’s not 7am. It could make for an interesting dimension to the room’s decor.
Anyway, just an idea… Love ya sis! P.S. I need to talk to you about pricing a session for my salon/hairdressers… I’ll call or email you today or tomorrow…

Adrianne BreesFebruary 20, 2011 - 8:51 am

Oh and, one more thing I forgot to include in my above post that I was thinking about… While maybe not as much as creative people such as yourself, I noticed at work how affected I was by the light yesterday… It was gloomy and rainy and kinda dark all day, and I got to work feeling run down, and like my butt just wanted to drag all day… I definitely think light affects people, even in the most subtle or even subconscious way…

Jamielyn NyeFebruary 20, 2011 - 2:58 pm

I LOVE the Arizona sunsets.

Jenna ZieglerFebruary 20, 2011 - 3:45 pm

I think that you are right about light and moods. This picture makes me feel cozy.

Vicki ClemanFebruary 22, 2011 - 10:45 pm

How did I miss this post? This is an amazing picture and what a great way to start your day. Makes me look for something that I can find in my life as inspiration to start my day.

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.